Nevada Copper (TSX:NCU) owns Pumpkin Hollow - the only large-scale, fully-permitted copper project in North America. Located in Nevada, USA, Pumpkin Hollow has substantial reserves and resources including copper, gold and silver. Initial production is planned by end of 2019. With global mine supply declining and demand increasing, this is the right project at the right time.
- Managing and successfully leading the operation of the mine and plant site in a safe and environmentally sound manner, within approved budgets and schedules.
- Directly managing the in-country senior management teams to ensure a successful operation and ensuring that each of their department’s deliverables are achieved.
- Establishing on-going budgets, mining plans, annual and mine-life operational plans, operating procedures, timely and accurate reporting mechanisms, and ensure that all required permits including, but not limited to environmental and operating permits are respected and the Mine and plant site are operated in a safe and environmentally sound manner, within approved budgets and schedules.
- Acting as the leading ambassador for the Company and develop necessary contacts and relationships with government officials at all levels, and with business, media and community groups, to foster the smooth operations of the Mine.
- Providing technical expertise in regards to the mining and processing areas of the operation.
- Driving a culture of quality and efficiency within the company focused on delivering results in line with Executive expectations.
- Instilling our Guiding Principles into the culture.
- Ensuring that communications between the Department heads is effective and open at all times.
- Reporting on a regular basis to the Executive team on operations, site and regional objectives to keep them well informed of the status.
- Oversee the operation of the mine, process plant and associated infrastructure by providing technical expertise and input.
- Ensure appropriate procedures are in place to maintain the mine operations in full compliance with all reporting and advisory requirements to governmental and legislated authorities.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements as well as Company Policy, Standards, and Procedures through training and development of staff and promoting by example.
- Provide guidance, coaching and technical assistance and support to direct reports.
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental and Social Responsibility practices.
- 15+ years of mining experience, 10+ years in leadership roles.
- Tertiary qualified in Mining Engineering, Processing, or similar.
- High commercial acumen focused with sound financial, budgeting and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) being able to confidently present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Working experience with Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Experience of working effectively in a senior management team environment.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and build effective relationships and networks.
- Possesses strong training and mentoring skills with the ability to develop an effective team.
- Demonstrates strong conceptual skills, and be capable of developing lateral and practical solutions.
- Ability to respond to a changing work environment.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
- A reputation for integrity and ethics.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Nevada Copper has some of the best employees in the industry. To retain top talent, we offer some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of the benefits we offer are listed below:
- Full Benefits package
- Competitive Compensation Package