- Use of broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ingenuity to work independently toward ultimate objectives on very involved and complex projects, to devise methods and procedures to meet unusual conditions and to make original contributions to solution of complex problems.
- Moderate physical demand, continuously lifting or moving light weight to moderate weight materials, and working in difficult work positions.
- Intense and exacting mental and visual attention, visualizing, planning and laying out or otherwise performing very involved and complex work.
- Ability to Operate a horizontal mill
- Ability to operate lathes and drill presses.
- Be familiar with other machine shop equipment.
- Perform threading of all types.
- Ability to machine P&H parts to print (hoist case, saddle blocks, etc.)
- Read and understand prints.
- Provide service reports.
- Provide accurate quote information.
- Any other duties as appropriate and required.
- Assist in training fellow Machinist.
- Responsibility to prevent damages due to mistakes or carelessness to equipment or materials. Prevent loss which may result from negligent inspection or testing; from spoilage or wastage of raw or in process materials.
- May be responsible for work and safety of one other person.
- Consistently promotes the P&H Safety first attitude which includes but is not limited to: Understands and complies with all established Cardinal Rules; Working safely, promoting the safety of coworkers; constantly looking for ways to improve and maintain a safe working environment by completing FLRA’s, Near Miss Cards and Safety Observations.
- This position requires working well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines and at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with coworkers and Leadmen.
- Use of advanced trades mathematics, together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook formulas; all varieties of precision measuring instruments.
- Equivalent to complete accredited apprenticeship in a recognized trade, craft or occupation; or equivalent to a 1 year technical college education.
- CNC experience - Over 3 years up to and including 5 years in a machine shop environment.
- Understanding of G&M Code programing language.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical job requirements.