ABOUT WHITERIVER CONSTRUCTION
Whiteriver Construction (WRC) is a great place to work! We are a team oriented company that rewards employees for outstanding performance and contributions. Our employees have the opportunity to work at an industry leading firm as recognized by Forbes Magazine in their February 2011 edition as well as work in the beautiful White Mountains of Northeastern Arizona. The White Mountains offers an abundance of natural beauty, history, culture, adventure, and recreational opportunities as well as a wonderful lifestyle.
WRC is a general contractor in Lakeside, AZ that provides construction management and design/build services for public (Federal, State, and Tribal), and private clients in the Southwest. We have had the opportunity to work on and successfully complete "landmark" projects including two projects at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, the world famous Monument Valley Visitor Center, and the Theodore Roosevelt School Renovation at Fort Apache, a historical site rich in history and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. We are one of the top construction companies in the Southwest as featured in Forbes Magazine in 2011 and consistently ranked as one of the largest contractors in the southwest by ENR Magazine. We were also proudly selected as being one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine (Inc. 5000 List) in 2017.
Due to continued growth, we are actively seeking an experienced Senior Estimator to join our team!
The Senior Estimator is accountable for the procurement, bidding, and submission of bid (hard bids) and proposals (CMAR and Design-Build) for Public (Federal, State, Tribal) construction projects.
- Assist in finding and procuring new bid opportunities and recommending projects to pursue.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Review bid packages prior to submission to owner for accuracy and completeness
- Direct the preparation for qualification based proposals (i.e. CMAR and Design-Build packages)
- Prepare accurate estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
- Analyze bids by subcontractors
- Maintain database of historical unit cost as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from subcontractors and suppliers
- Maintains and works to expand current contact information and relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- Request quotations using an automated ITB subcontractor database; organizes, reviews and logs quotes received
- Perform post-bid analysis (i.e. bid tabs)
- Attend pre-bid/site visit meetings.
- Participate in project hand-over meetings
- Assist with cost control system set-up
- Assist the project manager in buyout and in initial sequencing of construction activities, outlining components such as labor, materials and equipment.
- Participate in bid review meetings with owner or owners representatives, when required
- Assist with the interviewing process for hiring any personnel required.
- Perform additional assignments as required and that may contribute to the growth and profitability of the company and you as an employee and person.
- Degree focused in construction management, building construction, engineering, construction science, or architecture.
- Ten (10) year’s experience as an estimator for a commercial general contractor, five (5) years in a Senior Estimating role estimating public works (Federal, State, Tribal) construction projects
- Ability to conceptualize the project schedule from project start through completion, including sequence/phasing of work
- Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
- Possess a comprehensive and detailed knowledge of construction costs, materials and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and good communication
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- 401K Retirement with employer matching contribution
- Three (3) weeks paid vacation
- Annual bonus based on profitability