Reporting to the Regional Controller, this individual will have the opportunity to ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Provides financial reporting and analysis and cost control services in accordance with company systems and procedures.
- Assists in budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning preparation for all functional departments.
- Understands corporate accounting policies and procedures to ensure financial and operating reports reflect the condition of the operation and provide accurate and reliable information to assess the operations performance.
- Ensures transactions are accurately and timely prepared and recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Communicates and collaborates with internal departments and subsidiaries on accounting matters.
- Ensures complex transactions are researched and accounting treatment properly documented & supported.
- Leads and participates in special projects as required.
- Supports and provides resolution to all internal and external audit processes and resulting issues that might be identified
- Recommends and assists in implementing process improvements to either the accounting processes or SOX and management controls
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Approximately 5-7 years accounting, reconciliation, control and reporting experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP, FFIEC, FASB)
- Strong knowledge of System ERP’s, Budgeting and Cost Control
- Excellent analytical and organization skills, strong attention to details