Reporting to the Regional Controller, this individual will have the opportunity to ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Provides financial reporting and analysis and cost control services in accordance with company systems and procedures.
- Assists in budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning preparation for all functional departments.
- Understands corporate accounting policies and procedures to ensure financial and operating reports reflect the condition of the operation and provide accurate and reliable information to assess the operations performance.
- Ensures transactions are accurately and timely prepared and recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Communicates and collaborates with internal departments and subsidiaries on accounting matters.
- Ensures complex transactions are researched and accounting treatment properly documented & supported.
- Leads and participates in special projects as required.
- Supports and provides resolution to all internal and external audit processes and resulting issues that might be identified
- Recommends and assists in implementing process improvements to either the accounting processes or SOX and management controls
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Approximately 5-7 years accounting, reconciliation, control and reporting experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP, FFIEC, FASB)
- Strong knowledge of System ERP’s, Budgeting and Cost Control
- Excellent analytical and organization skills, strong attention to details
Here at McEwen Mining Inc. our employees are what keep our business going. Part of how we keep our employees going are by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of them are outlined below:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance