Follow your passion at Saladino’s Foodservice.
From locally-sourced to national brands, Saladino’s Foodservice provides restaurants with the products they want and the business solutions they need. As the largest independent, family-owned foodservice distributor in California, our company is built on family values, sustainable business practices, servicing the customer beyond their expectations and giving back to the communities we serve since 1944.
Saladino’s Foodservice is driven by integrity and innovations. The basis of our success lies within the diversity of our associates, their distinctive ideas and their commitment to setting the highest quality standards that create a meaningful and inclusive workplace. Saladino’s associates are among the brightest in the business with a shared desire to learn and advance within our growing company. We combine our individual skills to achieve a higher level of shared success and are committed to promoting diversity of thought, ideas, perspectives and people.
The Route Delivery Driver is responsible for timely and accurate delivery of product to the customer and the accurate pick up and safe handling of backhauls. This job requires the safe operation of company provided equipment and is considered SAFETY SENSITIVE.
• Supports and promotes the mission, vision, and guiding behaviors of the company.
• Follows all departmental procedures and company policies, including attendance.
• Drives tractor-trailer combinations to deliver product to customers in a timely and accurate manner.
• Dates, stocks, and rotates product upon delivery; collects payment from customer in accordance with payment instructions; completes credit requests as needed.
• Picks up and verifies accuracy of Purchase Order; secures backhauls to return to depot as scheduled, ensuring no damage occurs and the product is transported at the correct temperature.
• Interacts appropriately with onboard computer system.
• Meets or exceeds company productivity standards.
• Follows all D.O.T. regulations; maintains driver log according to state and federal regulations; performs and documents thorough vehicle pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
• Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, reports injuries/accidents immediately, demonstrates safe behavior at all times, especially when using company property and/or operating equipment or vehicles.
• Safety Sensitive jobs are held to a higher standard as reflected in performance evaluations and are subject to Random drug or alcohol testing.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including driving shuttle when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skill and/or ability and the physical requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Licenses and Certifications
• Route Delivery Driver (Truck Driver) must have a Valid Class A CDL and Medical Card
• Clean DMV printout (2 or less points)
• Doubles endorsement required within 90 days of hire
Education and/or Experience
• Route Delivery Driver (Truck Driver) - Class A must be at a minimum of 21 years of age
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of one year commercial class “A” driving experience required
Knowledge, Skilles and Abilities
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Saladino’s Foodservice cares about the health and wellness of its associates by providing them these benefits (among many others):
• Health and Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Plans
• 401K Retirement Plan
• 401K match – up to 4%
• Discounts for cell phone plans, family attractions, movie tickets, and more
• Sick Leave
• Bereavement Leave