Project Manager I, II, Sr. & Supervisor
Controls or Service – Building Automation
Department Manager or Supervisor
Please Advise: This Job Requires Heavy Travel and Temporary Relocation to a Job Site in Oregon.
- Level 1 – Must be able to achieve many objectives of this position. Requires some amount of timely supervision to ensure the proper tasks are being accomplished and that communication is adequate, timely, in the correct manner (i.e. verbal, written, email, etc.)
- Level 2 - Consistently achieves all of the objectives of this position. This individual also provides mentoring and direct day-to-day supervision to level 1 positions.
- Senior - Highly experienced in the position. Advanced awareness of the technical needs of both the controls system programming, integration to other systems, and very sophisticated HVAC strategies if working in the control field. May act as a lead to assist others on very complex project tasks. Also provides mentoring and direct supervision when required on projects.
- Supervisor – In addition to tasks on senior level, responsible for supervising direct reports.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides input to sales and operations regarding the technical and business considerations for construction or direct owner projects. This input could be associated with areas such as estimating, value engineering, timing, special resource needs, or other aspects peculiar to specific projects.
- Ensures project is booked correctly and that all necessary forms are completed for both internal and external purposes.
- Ensures project documents, estimate, and other information are available to all necessary personnel to maximize Climatec’s productivity on the project.
- Determines if customer expectations are similar to Climatec’s and if these can be achieved based upon Climatec’s estimate or contractual scope. Provides feedback on this as appropriate internally and externally.
- Identifies and resolves potential project issues.
- Accurately forecasts costs for each area of the project and tracks these over time to achieve budget and forecast goals.
- Invoices projects timely and is actively engaged in collections to minimize aging.
- Coordinates material orders and timing with Material Coordinator to maximize cash flow and material handling efficiency. Ensures all equipment is compatible and will function properly to achieve the required sequences.
- Coordinates with Subcontractors or internal installation team to achieve maximum value in installations.
- Completes the monthly work-in process (WIP) re-forecast.
- Recommends technical solutions to sales and operations. Assist Sales team during estimating phase.
- Identifies change order opportunities and coordinates with sales to document, pursue, and book them.
- Provide support to Climatec and other contractors to solve building operating issues that go beyond the controls or special systems operation.
- Communicate with internal employees as required to ensure Climatec labor is accurate and timely and estimated productivity is achieved in all areas.
- Provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Communicate with external organizations as required such as consulting engineers, building owners, and other contractors to ensure accurate and timely engineering.
- Provide support for ongoing service engineering and support for existing building systems.
- Reviews all engineered submittals ensuring adherence to scope, budget, and customer expectations as well as location standards. As required, provide input on employee goals/progress to relevant supervisors and managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- PMP certified is a plus.
- Two year technical degree in HVAC or Electronics related studies preferred. An undergraduate degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Construction Management, or other related studies is excellent.
- Other technical experience such as military, on the job training programs, etc. may meet this requirement as determined by local management.
- Experience and expertise including but not limited to:
- An understanding of basic computer operating systems.
- The ability to configure and debug basic computer problems.
- Some experience with programming.
- A clear ability to work with electronic equipment such as volt meters, amp meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- The ability to troubleshoot basic electric and electronic circuitry including reading and interpreting electrical and electronic diagrams.
- A working understanding of AC power circuitry including breakers, multi-phase power, etc. (120VAC and greater)
- Clear and concise ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- An ability to understand empathetically the issues and perceptions others have and to creatively and successfully work through these issues to achieve a successful outcome and customer and employee satisfaction.
- A thorough understanding of HVAC operations within a facility if working in the controls field.
- Level 2 and Senior Project Managers have a very deep understanding of the DDC or special systems that control buildings. They also understand the other systems involved in the mechanical and electrical portions of building controls.
- Level 2 and Senior Project Managers also have the experience to provide extensive integration support for a multitude of building systems.
- Be able to lift and carry ladders, drawings, personal computers, material, etc.
- Be able to spend significant time standing and walking on construction sites.
- Be able to climb several flights of stairs or ladders throughout a typical day on a construction site.
- Maintain a satisfactory driving record which, per Climatec’s vehicle policy, allows the individual to drive a company vehicle.
- Be physically able to kneel, stoop and crawl.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid Vacation/Sick/Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance