The Gold Bar project and future mine is located within the Battle Mountain-Eureka-Cortez gold trend of Eureka County, Central Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1990 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. The nearest mine is Waterton Global’s Ruby Hill Mine at approximately 25 miles to the Southeast. Starting from 50 miles North and Northwest of Gold Bar is the Barrick Nevada operation, with a 2017 cumulative production of 2.3 million ounces of gold from its Cortez and Goldstrike mines.
McEwen is looking to hire a Mill Maintenance Supervisor to be responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance of the process division. Reporting to the Mill Maintenance General Foreman, the Mill Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for efficiently planning, scheduling and supervising all maintenance activities within the mill/crusher facilities. Effectively coordinating with other site supervisors to accomplish daily maintenance requirements for all fixed plant equipment, ensuring that production and budgetary targets are met.
- Guide and oversee activities of Maintenance personnel to achieve efficient use of manpower, material and facilities
- Accountable for quality and quantity of work performed by subordinates
- Lead and oversee job training, safety, housekeeping, and employee relations of the Maintenance team
- Mentor the workforce on safe working habits, and correct unsafe conditions
- Recommend changes in procedures, standards and work methods to improve performance, productivity, and profitability
- Coordinate with the Mill Maintenance Planners to develop and maintain an effective maintenance program
- Participate in the development of the weekly work schedule designed to deliver maximum uptime
- Recommend equipment and process modifications to improve efficiencies
- Maintain open communication with the execution and leadership teams
- Ensure work standards, policies, plans, and procedures are maintained
- Coordinate work with outside contractors
- Administer job work orders and complete projects in a timely fashion
- Minimum of 3 (three) to 5 (five) years of supervisory experience in a mining environment
- Must hold an interprovincial Millwright trade qualication or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge of gyratory/con crushers and rod/ball mills
- Familiar with centrifugal pumps and pumping systems
- Strong knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Acquainted with common safety practices in the industrial field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solving skills and leadership abilities
- Working knowledge of a CMMS system
- SAP experienc will be considered an asset.
McEwen offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and growth with a successful and responsible company in mining.