The Gold Bar project and future mine is located within the Battle Mountain-Eureka-Cortez gold trend of Eureka County, Central Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1990 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. The nearest mine is Waterton Global’s Ruby Hill Mine at approximately 25 miles to the Southeast. Starting from 50 miles North and Northwest of Gold Bar is the Barrick Nevada operation, with a 2017 cumulative production of 2.3 million ounces of gold from its Cortez and Goldstrike mines.
McEwen Mining is seeking a Planner to join our Mill Maintenance Department. This position reports to the Mill Maintenance General Supervisor. The successful candidate will help ensure compliance with all safety, quality, schedule, cost and security requirements.
- Plans all non-emergency corrective and preventive maintenance jobs
- Creates work orders for all approved non-emergency work requests
- Develops standard job plans and tracks performance to plan
- Manages and controls the storage and release of all parts/materials required for planned jobs
- Manages the work order backlog for all physical assets requiring maintenance
- Reviews completed work orders to ensure relevant job information is captured in the equipment/component repair history file
- Key contributor to meeting equipment availability targets within budget
- Works closely with materials department to ensure availability of required parts and materials
- Analyzes, identifies and reviews equipment maintenance problems with maintenance engineering
- Generates maintenance department performance reports
- Work closely with all departments to coordinate activities; with specific focus with Mill Operations and Metallurgy
- Thorough experience as a Journeyman in a related maintenance trade
- A minimum of 5 (five) years of related planning experience
- Experience in maintenance systems such as SAP, D.B.S, or Ellipse as well as Microsoft Office & Project
- Must have exceptional organizational abilities
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Valid Driver’s license
McEwen offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and growth with a successful and responsible company in mining.