EP Minerals mines, processes and markets quality diatomite, perlite, and clay products. We are one of the top producers and distributors of diatomaceous earth and Bentonite clay worldwide. EPM’s business is global, and we ship direct to nearly 100 countries worldwide. Our substantial ore reserves, multiple manufacturing sites, rich new product pipeline and global distribution network position EPM for continuous growth well into the future.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Help with all Payroll duties, including but not limited to:
- Processing weekly and semi-monthly payrolls – from start to finish
- Understand the details for payroll and time off for all employees including the bargaining units (4 unions)
- Research payroll related issues that arise
- Communication with plant employees to verify payroll related issues
- Assist Finance team on resolution of payroll tax issues
- Assist the Payroll Manager with day to day tasks
- Update logs with personal mileage for drivers of company vehicles
- Assist the Finance team with various duties such as AP filing or review of expense reports
- Other duties as they arise
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Associate degree in Accounting or related field, preferred; or one-year payroll experience with clerical understanding.
- Familiarity with payroll software a plus.
- Common sense, quick study, attention to detail, pride in workmanship, team player and can-do attitude a must.
- Experience in office environment required, some payroll exposure preferred
SKILLS: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, ADP
COMPETENCIES: Written, Verbal, Organizational, Interpersonal, Customer Focus, Analytical Ability, Time Management, Setting Priorities, Work Independently
We are proud to offer our employees:
- Medical (PPO w/FSA, HDHP w/HSA), Dental, Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Coverage
- Supplemental Life Coverage
- Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Group Critical Illness Insurance
- Voluntary Group Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Group Disability Insurance
- Paid sick and vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Program
If you are a self-motivated individual, you may be just what EP Minerals is seeking.