Johnstone Supply is a leading wholesale supplier to the heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration industry.
We pride ourselves on our customer service, technical support and professionalism to the trade. We are a privately owned and part of the largest wholesale cooperative in the nation and provide approximately 75,000 parts including the latest technology in HVAC/R equipment and motors. The cooperative has over 400 stores nationwide and sales of over $2.3 billion with six major distribution centers strategically located throughout the country. We are known for our exceptional service and our employees are known for their technical knowledge. We have 3 branches located in the Las Vegas Metropolitan Area and have immediate openings in our Service Express Call Center, due to company expansion and market demand.
We are seeking well qualified, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction and to help continue to grow our business.
As an inside sales/ call center person, you will develop customer relationships primarily over the phone. Responsibilities include establishing customer needs, filling orders, sizing and selling equipment and telephone marketing. This is an excellent career opportunity because our sales growth has out-paced the industry average creating new positions for the self-motivated, goal oriented team player. This position requires knowledge of our products, as well as excellent time management, interpersonal, and telephone communication skills. Being bilingual in Spanish is a highly desirable skill for this role.
- Answers incoming calls in a timely and efficient manner.
- Is able to communicate clearly over the phone keeping customer service in mind at all times.
- Determines customer replacement HVAC/R parts, according to verbal/description of the old part, and customer requirements.
- Provides customer product and service needs by performing such tasks as finding products using computer, catalog, telephone or other reference sources.
- Recommends and orders both catalog listed and unlisted products for customers; recognizes products most commonly purchased by customers, resolves commonly-encountered technical problems, responds to incoming sales calls, makes outgoing customer sales or service calls and addresses customer complaints.
- Recognizes and identifies HVAC/R parts and equipment to fulfill customer needs and answer customer questions.
- Processes customer transactions by entering and printing quotes; processing warranties, balancing cash drawers; creating credit invoices; processing pick/pack orders; and processing will-call backorder notifications.
- Ensures desired level of profitability is obtained by: consistently following the pricing structure established for the store; achieving sales targets; and following established sales process.
- Maintains knowledge of HVAC/R fundamentals and product lines (features, function, use and benefits of Johnstone products, vendors carried and their respective lines) staying informed of new products; and utilizing opportunities to further educate self, co-workers and customers.
- Participates in customer training for new and existing product lines.
- May participate in Saturday rotation and After Hours phone rotation.
- A High School Diploma or a G.E.D.
- Associates or Bachelors degree a plus.
- Prior experience in a call center setting is a plus.
- Technical Diploma in HVAC/R and at least two years of work experience in the HVAC/R field.
- Prefer two years experience in a wholesale environment including front counter experience of waiting on customers in the HVAC/R industry.
- Must be a customer- and detailed-oriented individual with the ability and skills to meet, greet and service customers.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English, to interact with customers, employees, and read reports and instructions.
- Energetic and effective salesperson with a positive attitude that is conscientious, enthusiastic, articulate, and possesses a professional attitude to handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must be willing to learn and keep current with the latest developments and technology in the industry.
- Must be able to comprehend business math calculations, run a point-of-sale terminal, research HVAC/R items and help prepare required sale and customer reports.
- Must be able to lift cases that can weigh up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Effective team player that works well with others.
- Solid computer skills required and previous experience in ERP software a plus.
- Spanish speaking applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
We offer an attractive benefit package including 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision for our full-time employees. Voluntary benefits such as disability, legal and identity protections, cancer, accident, and additional life coverage's are available. We have paid holidays and flexible PTO. Along with an employer sponsored 401k, with 100% matching, up to 4%.
Offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory reference checks and pre-employment qualifications – including reference and criminal background checks and drug screening.