Job Title: Mining Branch Manager
Summary: A full-time position responsible for managing the Elko facility. The Mining Branch Manager will be responsible for the sales, service, support and inventory of the PAUS product line supported out of the Elko Facility. The Elko facility will be the hub for the PAUS underground mining products for the west. The facility will also be a parts and service hub for the mine; supplying parts to dealers in western Canada as well as the western United States and Hawaii.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and oversees the Sales and Service departments within the Elko Facility
- Manages and oversees all operations within the Elko facility
- Manages staff effectively to ensure quality service in all areas of operations in Sales and Support
- Ensures safe practices are adhered to by all employees
- Oversees shipping, receiving and inventory of parts and units at the Elko facility
- Travels to dealers and mines to perform training and/or support on all aspects of PAUS products for both the mining dealer network and end users within the Elko facility territory
- Organizes and attends relevant trade shows
- Provides monthly sales and facility reports to Company President
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Management Initiative – Aligns the direction, products, services and performance of the Elko facility with the goals of the organization; manages staff in ways that improve their ability to succeed on the job; sees the big picture; uses job and organizational knowledge to solve problems and accomplish goals.
- Communication – Writes and speaks effectively; manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; listens well; asks questions to ensure understanding; solicits customer feedback to improve sales and service.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to requests for sales and/or service and assistance; manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds quickly to customer needs and issues; resolves issues in a positive manner.
Experience and Requirements:
- Job Knowledge – Displays high level of product knowledge; completes all normal job tasks independently; regularly assists others by sharing high level of job knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical School Degree preferred
- 7 years of Underground mining equipment sales and/or support preferred
- 5 years in department/facility/branch management preferred
- MSHA Underground Certification preferred
- Basic knowledge of Windows based programs required
- Ability to travel with very short notice at times required
- Established communication skills; written and verbal required
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships required
Individual must be able to withstand demands of travel. While performing the duties of this job, the individual must be able to regularly remain in a stationary position while operating their computer and performing office work. They constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and computer printer. They must be able to exchange accurate information with customers and others in the office while interacting. The individual must be capable of reviewing their work for errors and able to make adjustments as necessary.
Work Environment (office):
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability, and physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment (field):
The individual will be exposed to various environments underground depending on the job site. Individuals are exposed to warm and cold temperatures based on the mine. The individual will be exposed to loud machinery or equipment. Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment as situations dictate at various mines.