The Gold Bar project and future mine is located within the Battle Mountain-Eureka-Cortez gold trend of Eureka County, Central Nevada. The property has seen historic mining from 1990 to 1994 by Atlas Precious Metals Inc. The nearest mine is Waterton Global’s Ruby Hill Mine at approximately 25 miles to the Southeast. Starting from 50 miles North and Northwest of Gold Bar is the Barrick Nevada operation, with a 2017 cumulative production of 2.3 million ounces of gold from its Cortez and Goldstrike mines.
McEwen is looking for a Laboratory tech to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the safe analysis of metallurgical samples by
- AA (Atomic Absorbance Spectrometer)
- ICP (Inductively Coupled Plasma)
- LECO (Carbon/Sulfur Analyzer)
- XRF (X-Ray Fluorescence)
- DMA (Direct Mercury Analyzer)
- IC (Ion Chromatograph)
- WAD-Cyanide (Weak Acid Dissociable)
- Solutions Prep
- Fire Assay and other analytical methods as required.
- Must be able to accurately collect and report results using LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System).
- Safe handling of various chemical reagents.
- Great attention to QA/QC (Quality Assurance/Quality Control)
- perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a mining or commercial laboratory preferred
- Experience operating/troubleshooting IC, ICP, or AA instruments preferred
- Experience with wet laboratory techniques (pipetting, solution preparation, dilutions) preferred
- Excellent organizational skills for heavy sample load/high through-put required
- Ability to multi-task to monitor several assays at once required
- Basic math skills to calculate dilution factors and solution concentrations quickly and accurately required
- Exemplary safety and attendance records required
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this job required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize a heavy workload required
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers in a team environment preferred
- Knowledge of state and federal health and safety regulations required
- Familiarity with chemicals and laboratory procedures preferred