Border Construction Specialties is a privately held Arizona-based business founded in 1955. The Border business has evolved from a single location focusing on concrete vaults to a multi-location company serving distinct markets throughout the Southwest.
Due to continued growth, we are actively seeking an Inside Sales Representative to join our team in Las Vegas! This position is accountable to the Branch Manager with various duties in support of all sales functions, including but not limited to, supporting Outside Sales, sales initiatives, and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works together with other Inside Sales, as a team, to spread workload.
- Assists customers promptly, either on phone or in person, to insure excellent customer relations.
- Communicates effectively with purchasing so appropriate inventory items and levels are maintained to maximize profitability and avoid lost sales.
- Accumulates superior product knowledge to serve customers and spot market trends.
- Supports and maintains a high level of communication with outside sales in all aspects of the business to stay current on leads, trends, pricing, customers, jobs, products, and competition.
- Acquires and utilizes special buying and negotiating skills to lower costs while promoting company marketing goals.
- Coordinates with shipping and receiving while pursuing the least expensive means of transportation for incoming and outgoing product shipments in addition to the importance of on time delivery.
- Furnishes the Accounting Department with timely and correct information on such items as purchase orders, invoices, vendor adjustments, special terms, etc. to streamline accounting functions.
- Combines cost and market knowledge to establish selling prices to maximum gross margin while remaining competitive in current market.
- Interacts professionally with customers, vendors, and company personnel.
- Comfortable conducting face-to-face sales presentations, telephone sales and conference call presentations.
- Performs other duties as needed and/or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional customer service skills & professionalism
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with a natural aptitude for positive relationship-building.
- Be results oriented, prompt to respond to customer and driven to succeed.
- Be an effective problem solver who searches for information and seeks to understand underlying issues.
- Be able to build effective networks and to prospect for new business.
- Self-starter with a highly refined work ethic who is able to work on his/her own.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in a professional environment.
- 3-5 years experience in customer service
- Construction sales and business development knowledge a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Performance will be measured against product knowledge, professionalism, business decisions, and consistent work habits.
- Accountable for meeting current company goals including but not limited to; specific product categories, expanding product knowledge, revenue, profitability (gross margin) and customer satisfaction.