Employees should be knowledgeable in the areas of machine installation, preventative maintenance, and machine operation. This position will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting, installing, maintaining, and repairing machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blue prints, and other drawings in an industrial establishment
- Perform alignments on motors, gearboxes, and rollers
- Knowledge of grades and sizes of bolts, pipes, and tubing. Familiar with bearing installation and lubrication
- Operate mobile equipment including forklifts, aerial lifts and cranes
- Ability to weld and use a cutting torch
- Use of precision instruments to align and measure equipment that is being installed or modified
- Ability to use common power tools including saws, drills, and grinders
- Knowledge of standard and metric size hand tools including wrenches, sockets, allen keys, bits, and taps
Essential Job Functions
- 4 years Millwright experience
- 10 hour OSHA required
- Ability to construct, assemble, repair and dismantle machinery and equipment using tools such as: hammers, wrenches, crowbars, rollers, dollies, hoists and other hand tools
- Ability to understand schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications required by our client for information regarding the type of material required to get job done
- Experience working with equipment such as boom lifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Must be able to identify a problem and track to solve the issue
- Physically manipulate objects with tools and strength
- Coordinate and ensure all tasks are completed on time.
- Follow directions carefully
- Monitor equipment to ensure they are performing properly
- Record accurate information on work orders
- Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and organized manner
- Participate in aisle maintenance by cleaning and organizing
- Properly use and maintain necessary PPEs
- Comply with site-specific safety regulations and OSHA safety regulations
Marginal Job Functions
- Safely operate tools or other approved devices.
- Performs other duties and related functions as needed.
- General labor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made that would not result in undue hardship to the company to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is impossible to list all of the physical requirements for the position, however, while performing the duties of this job, the employee sits, stands, walks, communicates with others, listens, climbs on ladders and scaffolding and balances, stoops, kneels, crouches, reaches with arms and hands and lifts up to 75 pounds continuously. May be required to work in temperatures ranging from 20 degrees F to 110 degrees F. Must be able to stand and perform job functions for up to 12 hours on concrete floors.
The vision requirement is the ability to view at close and far distances.
Tools or Materials Supplied by Employee
- Steel toe shoes must be worn at all times.
- Safety glasses and earplugs must be worn in designated areas.
- Clothing should not have large rips or tears, and should not contain offensive material, drugs or alcohol.
- Sweatpants, tank tops, sleeveless tops, and shorts are NOT allowed.
- Long sleeves are required on most job sites, and are always required for welders
- Long or dangling jewelry is not allowed.
- Proper PPEs
- Hard hat
General Rules and Employee Conduct
- Safety glasses
- Ear plugs
- Steel Toe Boots
- Hard Hat
- Safety Harness- 100% tie off, double lanyard
- Cell phones are not allowed for any reason unless a supervisor has granted previous authorization.
- Travel to and from the job will be the responsibility of the employee
- Any injury, regardless of the severity, must be reported to a company representative immediately, even if medical treatment is not requested.
- Employees must have a valid photo ID on their person at all times.
- Employees must abide by all Site-Specific Rules and Regulations. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination.