Healthcare Project Manager (eHR Systems)
Duration: 4 Months (Contract Position, Benefits Not Provided)
Hourly Rate: $82 W2; $94 CTC/1099
The Division of Public and Behavioral Health (DPBH) will purchase and implement a commercial off the shelf (COTS) web-based hosted solution for an electronic health records (eHR) system to improve its behavioral health data collection and reporting. This solution will satisfy mandatory federal government reporting requirements for the planning, administration, and monitoring of Inpatient and Outpatient Behavioral Health Treatment Programs, Prevention Programs, and Federal Grant Management programs. This will include the tracking and reporting of opioid abuse; the provision of a platform for TEDS/NOMs and block grant data collection for treatment and prevention services; provision of a mechanism to manage the fiscal and contract/grant funding that the State contracts to its providers in the community, as well as bill Medicaid; and provide the ability for providers to submit a minimum data set to the WITS repository so that the State has the data to report on in the future.
Consultant must perform all activities to the agreed upon project plan/schedule. Work must be completed according to the specifications and standards set by the State.
- Oversee the implementation of the Division’s WITS reporting system;
- Work with vendor to develop project plan and timeline for system planning, development and implementation;
- Apply principles of structured project management;
- Assist with development of the test plan and strategy and coordinate testing activities;
- Assist with system deployment;
- Assist with production support including system analysis, troubleshooting, problem resolution, testing and training;
- Develop documentation
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and five (5) years of progressively responsible professional IT experience relevant to the duties of the position which may include systems administration, network administration, database administration, applications analysis and development, and/or information security, two (2) years of which were in a senior project management capacity
- The ability to lead and manage a project according to structured project management guidelines including the analysis, planning, scheduling, management and documentation of initiation, coordination, development, testing, implementation and training to ensure completion of each phase by the determined timeline
- Preferred skill set which will include:
- Knowledge of Substance Abuse;
- Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA); and
- Electronic Human Resources (eHR) systems.
- The ability to effectively utilize standard project scheduling, planning, execution and reporting tools and to create standard project documentation
- The ability to coordinate internal and external stakeholders and vendors
- The ability to work with vendors and other state agencies to determine, document and relay required interfaces with other systems
- The ability to develop materials and present training to users
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form