Hycroft Mining Corporation is a US-based gold and silver mining company, which operates its wholly owned Hycroft open pit, gold and silver mine located near Winnemucca, Nevada.
The Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of haul trucks, dozers, motor road graders, drill, loaders, hydraulic shovels and other associated equipment to accomplish various projects both on and off the mine site. These projects include, but are not limited to, hauling, loading sloping, grading, and excavating of materials on leach pads, stockpiles, open pit areas, dump points and roadways on and adjacent to the mine site. Completes tasks assigned by Mine Operations General Supervisor.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Ability to perform all required physical functions to safety and effectively mount, dismount and operate dozers, haul trucks, drills, motor road graders, hydraulic shovels, loaders and other associated equipment.
- Ability to perform minor equipment maintenance, including daily preventative maintenance inspections, greasing and lubricating and minor repairs on a variety of equipment.
- Follow policies, procedures and standards (environmental, safety, code of conduct).
- Grade excavation and embankment to lay base and other materials, blade haul roads and perform other general work.
- Effective communication skills, as well as interpersonal, problem solving, ability to inform others using radio communication or other means of communication.
- Minimum one (1) to three (3) years’ experience running, maneuvering, driving and navigating heavy mining equipment preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation required.
- Experience operating multiple forms of heavy equipment preferred.
- Proven excellent safety, attendance and work record required
- Demonstrate initiative as a team member in a growing organization required
As an employee of Hycroft Mining you will get a Great competitive benefits package including:
- 401(k) with 6% dollar for dollar, vested date of hire
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary life insurance options for family members
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short Term and Long Term Disability