This position is responsible for providing technical engineering and cost information to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Assist with job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
- Interpret design/drawings for craft workers installing material to ensure specifications are followed.
- Interface with all on-site departments as required, to resolve problems, ensure quality construction, in order to support overall project schedule.
- Research and recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference, and errors, to verify that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawing and specifications.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, to supervisor to provide accuracy.
- Provide technical support and direction regarding project material controls including delivery dates, construction schedules and design requirements to ensure additional costs are minimized.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, and estimates to meet changing job requirements.
- Provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials to ensure a quality job.
- Develop job essential data including quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man hour, and equipment to ensure accurate estimates and bids.
- Research historical data and productivity analysis reports in order to compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- May supervise, direct, and mentor project staff to ensure individual development and that project standards are met.
- Assist in representing company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
- 2+ year’s construction estimating support, engineering, field support, or similar experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Scheduling and AGTEK Take-off software.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawing and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Ability to perform trigonometric calculation either manually or with a calculator.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Team player
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive