We are currently seeking a Crew Leader to join our team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversees a crew of two (2) to six (6) people.
- Responsible for ensuring crew meets installation deadlines and stays within the allotted working-hours.
- Assigns daily tasks to crew.
- Drives company vehicle.
- Drives crew to/from/between work sites where needed.
- Ensures proper use, care and inventory of company vehicle, equipment and tools assigned to/used by crew.
- Ensures company vehicle and equipment are secured while on job sites.
- Reports all company vehicle and equipment accidents/damage/malfunctions to manager immediately.
- Fills out daily paperwork, including time sheets for entire crew, timely and accurately.
- Works around and operates hand tools and mechanical machinery used for landscape maintenance.
- Cuts lawns.
- Trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls.
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs.
- Rakes and bags leaves.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter.
- Prepares and grades terrain.
- Seeds and sods lawns.
- Installs and/or moves and transplants trees, shrubs, and other plant material on current maintenance and enhancement jobs and properties.
- Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs.
- Trims and removes trees.
- Takes company vehicle to emission when needed.
- Assists in the creation of a culture of safety and environmental protection by performing work safely in accordance with company safety procedures.
- Operates equipment safely and reports any unsafe work conditions or practice to supervisor.
- Attendance Requirements are 40 hours per week.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out oral instructions.
- Must be able to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Must be flexible, adaptable and a team player.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently enough to comprehend and complete required driver or regulatory forms and reports, employment forms, read and interpret road signs, and speak to law enforcement officials when needed.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 25 pounds on a frequent basis, and up to 75 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a background check and Motor Vehicle Records Check (MVR).
- Must have a valid driver’s license (State specific Driver’s License may be required).
- Works around hazardous equipment with moving mechanical parts
- Works outside in all weather conditions, including extreme heat
- Works around excessive noise from machines, requiring hearing protection
- Works in corridors with uneven terrain
- May be exposed to nature, i.e. irritating plants and biting or stinging insects
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
- May be exposed to dogs and other animals
- Work may be performed at varying heights above ground
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.