Shaw Lundquist Associates is a General Contractor seeking candidates for future positions of Construction Superintendent for projects in the Las Vegas, Nevada and California areas. We value people who demonstrate Integrity, Professionalism, Respect, Ingenuity, Determination and Excellence.
* Reliable with a professional appearance; absences are rare, never affecting individual and group job performance.
* Organized and disciplined with a strong focus on time management; assumes responsibility for decisions and fulfilling job assignments.
* Committed to SLA’s central values, confidently making and standing by decisions using ingenuity and resourcefulness regularly going above and beyond minimal expectations.
* Displays a stewardship mentality towards SLA.
* Learn and integrates new technology to streamline daily job responsibilities.
* Works within SLA procedural framework demonstrating optimal reliance representing the company in a professional manner, creating and maintaining constructive and long lasting relationships with vendors, owners, consultants, contractors and subcontractors.
* Takes initiative to make decisions in the best interest of the company.
* Shares innovative ideas regarding SLA’s internal processes.
* Complies with and enforces standard policies and procedures.
* Leads by example, consistently acknowledging and appreciating team contribution while motivating team members to a consistent level of excellence.
* Confronts, mitigates and diffuses conflict between team members in a timely manner.
* Utilizes each team member to his or her fullest potential.
* Creates a synergetic environment by sharing information, strategy and resources amongst team members.
* Communicates in all relationships with clear and tactful written, auditory and verbal skills.
PROJECT/PRACTICE RELATED COMPETENCIES
* Compiles and tracks daily reports for SLA and subcontractors.
* Reviews and understands approved submittals with the Project Manager/Engineer.
* Maintains accurate As-built drawings with assistance from Project Manager/Engineer.
* Reviews drawings and specifications and contractor’s As-built drawings for accuracy.
* Work with Project Manager/Engineer to manage all materials used on the job site.
* Coordinates with subcontractors and inspectors to ensure all non-compliance report issues are resolved immediately as well as completes all paperwork associated with them.
* Writes and issues safety notices to contractors in violation of the SLA’s safety policy as well as verifies that they are corrected in a timely manner.
* Maintain orderly job documentation system in the field.
* Directs an orderly process for handling issues and information requests generated through the construction process.
* Ensures project goals are achieved economically and efficiently.
* Monitors, controls and updates project schedule.
* Serves as the Champion and in charge of all Field Quality Control and has contingency plan if needed to ensure a zero punch list.
* Work meets and exceeds expectation of owners/designers while adhering to the pre-specified budget.
* Coordinates and reviews subcontractor work.
* Minimizes extraneous work directives and excess field work orders by developing a complete understanding of the subcontractor’s scope of work.
* Shows no tolerance for unsafe practices and attitudes, monitors project safety and enforce company and OSHA rules and regulations.
* Works with project manager to maintain a potential change order log.
* Perform timely completion of punchlist and project closeout.
CAREER PATH CORE COMPETENCIES
* Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
* Holds and/or attends regular status meetings with project team, subcontractors, etc.
* Keeps project team well informed of changes within the projects.
* Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
* Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
* Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by SLA.
* Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
* Be computer proficient and utilize online tracking programs, daily logs, schedules, time sheets etc.
Minimum of 5 years experience and be well rounded in some of these categories, commercial, retail, hospitality and multi-family wood frame construction. Supervised previous projects in excess of $5 million.