- NV |
- Jobs |
- Collections Representative III
Collections Representative III
Carson City89721NVUSCarson City, NV
Auto req ID: 4890BR
Title: Collections Representative III
Job Function: Collections
State and City: Nevada, Carson City
Company: Harley-Davidson Financial Services
Under minimal supervision the Collections Representative III is responsible for collection of delinquent accounts by phone or correspondence and handles the most complex customer cases that may require Collection Representative III to deviate from standard routines and procedures. The Collections Representative III is expected to be a leader either through individual contribution, mentorship with other associates or both.
- Responsible for collecting on assigned delinquent accounts by telephone, or correspondence if necessary.
- Assigns accounts to agencies for repossession, skip tracing, or in-person collection activity when approved by appropriate authority level.
- Based on authority levels, possesses the ability to process and/or assign accounts to Adjustment Queue for payment re-allocations and fee/balance waivers if applicable.
- Carries the responsibility for resolving the most complex/difficult collection situations.
- Responds to supervisor line calls.
- Must maintain knowledge of specialty collection queue strategy and provide inbound phone assistance when necessary.
- Serves as a mentor to other associates through development and supervisor capabilities and/or serves as a subject matter expert as an individual contributor
- Uses effective time management to ensure customer service experience is satisfactory and meets expectations
- Collaborates with Senior Consumer Collections Analyst and Collections Managers to make recommendations to enhance the Consumer Collections process to support Continuous Improvement
- Understands and adheres to company collection and extension policies, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and company confidentiality and privacy issues.
- Performs additional duties as requested
- Ensure that all steps necessary are taken to protect the interest of HDFS.
- Protection of employees, customers and corporate information is everyone's responsibility at HDFS. All employees must follow established physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, including policies regarding data protection, segregation of duties, use of passwords, and access to information based solely on business need. In addition, any company-proprietary information (including but not limited to customer information) may not be transferred or transported outside of HDFS by employees upon leaving the company.
- It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain current awareness and understanding of appropriate banking laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply with those laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
High School Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience – Consumer Automotive Collection experience preferred.
- College degree preferred
Travel: Required 0-10%