- NV |
- Jobs |
- Collections Representative II
Collections Representative II
Carson City89721NVUSCarson City, NV
Auto req ID: 4928BR
Title: Collections Representative II
Job Function: Collections
State and City: Nevada, Carson City
Company: Harley-Davidson Financial Services
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Under general supervision, the Collections Representative II is responsible for collection of delinquent accounts by phone or correspondence and handles more complex customer cases that may require Collection Representative II to deviate from standard routines and procedures. The Collections Representative II will assist with the onboarding of new employees on processes and procedures.
• Responsible for collecting on assigned delinquent accounts by telephone, or correspondence if necessary.
• Assign accounts to agencies for repossession, skip tracing, or in-person collection activity when approved by appropriate authority level.
• Assigned the authority to process and/or assign accounts to Adjustment Queue for payment re-allocations and fee/balance waivers if applicable.
• Understands and adheres to company collection and extension policies, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, TCPA, GLBA and company confidentiality and privacy issues.
• Handles complex collection customer situations
• Uses effective time management to ensure customer service experience is satisfactory and meets expectations.
• Performs additional duties as requested.
• Ensure that all steps necessary are taken to protect the interest of HDFS.
• Responsible for Protecting employees, customers and corporate information. Follows established physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, including policies regarding data protection, segregation of duties, use of passwords, and access to information based solely on business need. In addition, any company-proprietary information (including but not limited to customer information) may not be transferred or transported outside of HDFS by employees upon leaving the company.
• Maintains a current awareness and understanding of appropriate banking laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply fully with those laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
High School Diploma
• Minimum of 2 years relevant experience or college degree
Skills and Abilities
• Adherence to high ethical standards of truthfulness, honesty and fairness
• Proficient with computers systems
• Keyboarding/data entry skills with moderate speed and accuracy
• Ability to handle large volume of collection accounts and inbound customer calls
• Flexible and open-minded
• Ability to prioritize workflow to meet department objectives
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Good problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment
• Possesses good communication skills
• Maintains confidentiality of account information
• Effective negotiation skills
• Maintains a solid attendance record, including tardiness and early outs
• Proficient decision making skills
• Must be flexible in terms of work shifts and days (weekend days and weeknights are required)
Group Level: Individual Contributor
• Customer Focus
• Job Knowledge
• Quality/Continuous Improvement
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0-10%