Who is ILM?
Since 2001, ILM (Integrated Landscape Management) has been an industry leader with proven solutions that drive efficiency and productivity in commercial landscaping. ILM prides itself in building long-term relationships with its customers.
What does it take to join the ILM sales team?
Are you a self-motivated, driven, competitive sales professional that thrives on getting the win? If so, look no further because these are the qualities, we look for to join our ILM sales team.
We at ILM work to together to ensure we achieve all individual and team goals. Every ILM employee is essential to the companies success and future. ILM’s core values include Safety, Trust, Support, Initiative, & Innovation. We live and breath these values to guarantee we never over promise, but always over deliver!
- Voted No. 1 Landscape Company (4 Years In A Row!!!)
- Voted Top Company in The Industry!
Job Title: Business Development Associate
This position is responsible for the development and generation of new business opportunities and income for their assigned markets. They are responsible for initiating and growing business relationships with potential and current clientele. This position must work together with company leaders and production staff to develop and implement sales strategies, ensuring all aspects of the sales process are followed and sales goals are met. This individual will perform activities such as prospecting, leading sales opportunities, generating company awareness through association involvement, use of social media, and other activities as required to generate sales. This position reports directly to the Area Director of Business Development with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Branch Manager.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop Sales Plan with Branch Manager for each assigned territory, to be updated regularly with report submittal.
- Pro-actively canvas markets to seek out new business opportunities and fully build out CRM with all projects per market.
- Develop and coordinate new strategic customer sales and relationships through the generation of new leads and penetration of key accounts.
- Create opportunities by identifying client business objectives and needs, developing customer-specific solutions for those needs.
- Exercise creativity and independent judgment in developing and evaluating sales and marketing strategies in selling a broad portfolio of services within a defined market.
- Attend production staff meetings regularly to engage staff in sales cycle and provide updates to goals. Assist production teams on renewals on specific accounts.
- Regular up-keep in specified systems of Sales Activity Calendar, monthly forecast planner, and all sales tracking information including contract bid, pending, and verbal opportunities.
- Develop and maintain customer database of key information on target clients (organizational structure, key contacts, business strategy, etc.)
- Work with the Sales team and follow the Company Sales Process at all times. Leverage resources from across company to deliver desired outcomes.
- Drive sales process from initial contact through strategy, proposal, presentation & successful conclusion of new business opportunities.
- Follow debriefing guidelines for all sales opportunities and serve as a liaison to ensure new customer accounts are successfully transitioned to the Operations Team.
- Follow up with new clients at intervals outlined in communication plans.
- Meet, or exceed established new sales budgets.
- Attend networking and marketing functions on a regular basis, represent the company in the marketplace and various industry organizations and events.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior sales experience within a relevant industry.
- Experience selling in property/facility management is preferred but not required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with competency in facilitation and business writing.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- High level of networking and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in successfully building relationships and influencing key decisions makers (of all levels).
- High level of professionalism, responsibility and accountability with the ability to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to identify and sell creative, solution-based contract and enhancement opportunities that stay consistent with the brand image of the company.
- Financial acumen in understanding client operations and developing cost-effective solutions.
- Demonstrates competitive drive & determination with results to support.
- Ability to attend after hours events when necessary (board meetings, networking events).
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, to include Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Must represent Company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary & Sales Commissions (Depending on Experience)
- Company Vehicle (Insurance & Gas Included)
- Company Cell Phone & Laptop
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Training & Development
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Rarely: Crawling, climbing on/off truck, climbing poles, gripping, color vision, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, balancing, lifting up to 50lbs.
Occasionally: Stooping, kneeling, squatting, body twisting, sense of touch, manual dexterity, reaching, range of motion, lifting, carrying, lifting over 10lbs to 50lbs.
Frequently: Standing, walking, seeing distant, depth perception, climbing stairs, lifting up to 10lbs.
Continuously: Sitting, speaking clearly, seeing, reading, hearing – speech range.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.